For those seeking the natural beauty and appeal of wood for their project, our classic line offers modern German craftsmanship in a timeless and sophisticated look. Our Classic wooden windows can be configured to match historic and traditional homes and at the same time offer the excellent insulation values of today, nearing even passive house standards. Wooden muntins are also available in custom configurations and the frames can be cut to both standard rectangular shapes as well as any number of forms including arches, trapezoids, circles and more.
- 2Frame Depth Options
- 3Sealing Levels
- 0.84Metric U-factor
Details of the Profiles
- Layer-bonded wood profiles available in frame depths of 211⁄16 or 31⁄16 inches (68 or 78 mm)
- Double and triple glazing available in up to 15⁄8 inch (42 mm) thick
- Quality German Winkhaus hardware (load capacity up to 285 lbs) with tilt and turn functionality, and optional concealed hinges
- Aluminum water drainage channel with an overlapping core cover available in a range of colors
- Triple weather seals provide a barrier against wind and rain. Multipoint locking available in a range of security levels to prevent burglary
- Glued laminated wood profiles increase strength and dimensional stability
Frames with Numerous Practical Advantages
Wood itself has superb natural insulation attributes which the Classic series frames combine with today’s high tech glazing. The right combination of triple glazing and warm edge spacers means our Classic wood line can achieve Uw-values down to 0.15, nearing passive house standards. Excellent weather resistance is guaranteed through our aluminum water drainage channels and factory sealing.
Robust German hardware easily stands up to repeated use and allow for heavy sashes, providing excellent burglary protection and a high degree of longevity. Fail-safe locking handles ensure smooth operation, and a wide range of handle styles are available to suit any project.
Windows with a Classic Look
The timeless aesthetics of IDEAL Classic profiles can be perfectly matched to any house facade. In new construction, they offer aesthetically pleasing accents while easily blending into the facades and architectural style of older homes.
Modern double and triple glazing does not mean that classic wooden muntins aren’t possible. Indeed, you can easily select a custom pattern to match existing windows or to give new homes a traditional look.
If the Classic series sounds almost perfect, but you’re looking for a more modern appearance, try our similar Softline or Rustic models for more historic and rustic look. They both provide nearly the same features including insulation values and security.
All woods used in our window profiles are, without exception, Class A quality. You can select from many different types of wood and a huge range of colors and finishes. Order your Classic profile system in meranti, spruce, pine, or various other high-quality woods today.